Dayz Event

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. The game was released on 16 December 2013 on PC for Microsoft Windows via digital distribution platform Steam, and is currently in early alpha testing.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/221100/

KrazeeKookaburra
Clan Member
Clan Member
Main Game: Battlefield Play4Free
Player Name: KrazeeKangaroo

Dayz Event

Postby KrazeeKookaburra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:31 pm

So we haven't really been doing much involving Dayz, so I was thinking we could do an event, similar to the hunger games.

How it will work is:

Everyone will get geared up and head down to cherno.

On a specific date and time, everyone who has Dayz and is in Cherno, will all log on to a close to empty server, and will basically fight to the death.

You can ONLY stay within the two petrol stations at either end of Cherno, and can't go any further than the apartments to the North of Cherno, and obviously, no more southern than the coast.

Basically, there are no rules, every gun and item is allowed, yes, even grenades, all it is will be a fight to the death, last man standing wins.

There won't be any prizes, but if i'm feeling generous, i might throw in a 5-10 dollar steam game of your choice as a prize.

You MUST be on teamspeak for this event.

When you are dead, you need to put "(Dead)" next to your name so everyone knows you're out of the game.

Eg. Krazee (Dead)

The time and date are yet to be confirmed, but I was thinking maybe the weekend after the long weekend? (I'm going away for the long weekend)

Let me know time and date you would prefer.

(It doesn't have to be just db members, anyone can join as long as they're on ts at the time of the event.)

Post below if you're want to participate.

Thanks,

Krazee
{L_IMAGE}
Rucifa
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: GTA V
Player Name: Rucifa

Re: Dayz Event

Postby Rucifa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Do it Krazee.

Give a bit of warning so we can all get some gear together. Maybe get a map showing the boundaries? What about teams?
{L_IMAGE}
My location on TeamSpeak
KrazeeKookaburra
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby KrazeeKookaburra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Yeah, it will be in at least a week or two, which will give us plenty of time to get geared up.

And there will be NO teams and NO alliances.

There can only be one winner.

Remember to grab anyone you know who plays Dayz to come along, because I don't think too many db members own Dayz

Thanks,

Krazee
{L_IMAGE}
Ben
Clan Member
Clan Member
Main Game: Other
Player Name: Ben#16265 (Bnet ID)

Postby Ben » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:51 pm

That would suck though. A week of getting gear to die in a second and it all goes to waste.. is my opinion.
{L_IMAGE}
SpleenFeast
db Moderator
db Moderator

Postby SpleenFeast » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 am

Yeah that's one of the problems with DayZ gear-wise and prep-wise. This would work on our own server but I don't know how it will go publicly
{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}
SpleenFeast
db Moderator
db Moderator

Postby SpleenFeast » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:18 am

Took to long to edit my posts haha, the thing is if it takes a week or two to get gear, avoid regular players and then lose it in a fight where more regular players could easily join it's too risky.

I would rather play as a team and actually try and hold areas of the map as a db zone or run kill missions on regular players
{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}
Rucifa
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: GTA V
Player Name: Rucifa

Postby Rucifa » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 am

Let's just all gear up and get ready. We can work out the details on the night depending on who shows up and what servers are online.
{L_IMAGE}
My location on TeamSpeak
B1Sniper
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: RuneScape
Player Name: asceticROGUE

Postby B1Sniper » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

I haven't played (nor do I own) DayZ but from reading Krazee's post, you don't have to gear up over the 2weeks. He said he won't be actually hosting it until a week or two has passed, which will give players the opportunity to gear up if they wish.

I can probably manage to throw in a small prize for the winner if the event goes well.
Regards,
B1 / REIGN.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}

E-Mail me at: reign@dubbrothers.net
SpleenFeast
db Moderator
db Moderator

Postby SpleenFeast » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Yeah but the thing is, I could get ready with some gear, die to a public player the week before or day before and either can't compete now or have a major disadvantage.
I should really start playing this again though so it's a good excuse to try :twisted:
{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}
Ben
Clan Member
Clan Member
Main Game: Other
Player Name: Ben#16265 (Bnet ID)

Postby Ben » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 pm

SpleenFeast {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}Yeah but the thing is, I could get ready with some gear, die to a public player the week before or day before and either can't compete now or have a major disadvantage.
I should really start playing this again though so it's a good excuse to try :twisted:

I normally hit army camps on dead servers at midnight.
{L_IMAGE}
KrazeeKookaburra
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby KrazeeKookaburra » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:23 pm

@Spleen - If you get killed say, an hour before the event starts on a public server, it's just bad luck. You could go around even as a new spawn, wait for a few to die, and loot their bodies? It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

You don't essentially need to be fully geared if you look at it, all you really need is a gun and a few extra rounds of ammunition and you'll be good to go. Maybe some food if you're feeling a bit peckish, a few bandages if you get shot and maybe some morphine? or a splint, all that and you're set.

Doesn't have to be a full set of gear from army bases.

Thanks,

Krazee
{L_IMAGE}

Return to “DayZ”