Rucifa's DayZ review

DayZ is a multiplayer open world survival horror video game in development by Bohemia Interactive and the stand-alone version of the award-winning mod of the same name. The game was released on 16 December 2013 on PC for Microsoft Windows via digital distribution platform Steam, and is currently in early alpha testing.

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/221100/

Rucifa
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: GTA V
Player Name: Rucifa

Rucifa's DayZ review

Postby Rucifa » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Got this game the other day and started playing it with Stinky, heaps of fun. Currently only $30 on Steam but is rumored to be roughly $60 when it is officially released as a completed game (it's only in Alpha at this stage).

Whilst there are a couple of bugs in the game it doesn't really take away from it at all. The main bugs are being able to occasionally walk through walls or be glitched in the floor of a building and I had issues climbing some ladders where I would fall off from the top and then wouldn't be able to walk until I disconnected and reconnected. This only happens occasionally though.

There are no vehicles or animals at this stage, just a huge map, other "Survivors" and of course Zombies. Most of the other survivors I've encountered so far have been peaceful and not wanting to cause any harm, a couple shoot without warning and as Stinky and I found out tonight it can be really easy to die.

Stinky and I played for roughly 4 hours, gathered heaps of food, ammo and a couple of guns. Then searching one town for more stuff Stinky spotted another Survivor and then the next thing, bang, I'm dead....... whilst watching my black screen in shock Stinky informs me that he's been shot too, dead.

I guess we get to start all over again tomorrow :)

I can see this game getting really addictive and the more people working together and helping each other out the better it could be, with enough people and enough time you could really take over and control part of the map.

If you can spare the $$$ I highly recommend getting this game.
{L_IMAGE}
My location on TeamSpeak
Aulstin
Clan Member
Clan Member
Main Game: Other
Player Name: Aulstin

Re: Rucifa's DayZ review

Postby Aulstin » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey dude, send me a message on steam when you're playing next and i'll happily jump on and play with you guys. DayZ Veteran, right here.
My location on TeamSpeak

{L_IMAGE}
db-marshy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Main Game: Battlefield 3
Player Name: Mr-liquor

Postby db-marshy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 am

This is irrelevant to the topic, but Rucifa do you have payday 2, if so should come play with me, :d cheers
{L_IMAGE}
Rucifa
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: GTA V
Player Name: Rucifa

Postby Rucifa » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 am

Mr-liquor {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}This is irrelevant to the topic, but Rucifa do you have payday 2, if so should come play with me, :d cheers

Yeah, haven't played it yet though. Add me on Steam.
{L_IMAGE}
My location on TeamSpeak
Chemical
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Main Game: League of Legends
Player Name: Verudax

Postby Chemical » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:37 pm

I agree with Rucifa on all of this basically, even with the few bugs, it is still quite an amazing game. Don't listen to those whom still play the DayZ Mod, come try it out yourself and if you must, get the Mod version as well, (You need to download ArmA II, and ArmA II: Combined Operations, as well as the DayZ Mod to play it) so that you can rate on which one you prefer. I have both, and have played both for at least a few hours each, and even though that's not much, I can definitely say I prefer the Standalone. Zombies are no longer glitching monsters that will just charge at you zigzagging all over the place. So get the game, and try it.

Return to “DayZ”