Your Preferred Weapons and Their Set-up's

Battlefield Play4Free is a first-person shooter video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and Easy Studios and published by EA. Based on the Battlefield series, the game features a modern warfare battlefield setting.

[url]http://battlefield.play4free.com[/url]

Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Your Preferred Weapons and Their Set-up's

Postby Macbeth » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Looking at Rucifa's "Rucifa on BFP4F" Thread, I saw some sharing on opinions of weapons, so I decided that a thread where you can share your current P4F Weapon Set-ups (or wanted set-up's) would be a good idea.

I'll share my current set-up's and weapons for all my classes to start (hope I don't set the bar too high). :P

All weapons have been tested and loved.

It is a well-know fact that the Viper Mags and Predator barrels are the best in their class, nothing else should be used unless its caskets. Stocks have no single OP stock as of yet. it's a balance between the Tactical, Stabilized and Balanced, (Thunderbolt is absolutely rubbish, the level 25 unlock is a lie!)

All attachments and weapons have been brought unlimited.

Engineer:
MP5:
- Predator Barrel
- Casket Mags
- Tactical Stock
- M145 Scope
Summary: Long Range, Rage-Quitter Maker
Info: I use caskets over the OP Viper Mags, because SMG's need more AMMO per clip!

Medic:

Two I use and rotate for this class:

Long-Range:
MG36:
- Predator Barrel
- Viper Mags
- Tactical Stock
- M145 Scope
Summary: Overpowered Long Range Sniper LMG.

Short-Medium Range:
M27IAR:
- Predator Barrel
- Casket Mags
- Tactical Stock
- Red Dot Sight
Summary: Originally with 30 bullets a mag, the Caskets mags raise it to a whooping 90 rounds a mag! With 5 Reloads!

Assault:
AEK (Not The AK-47)
- Predator Barrel
- Viper Mags/Caskets MAgs
- Tactical Stock
- Red Dot Sight
Summary: Everyone's using it, why ain't you? ;) Oh right, the AUG. :P
Info: Once again, the Rifles need more ammo, because 22/24 per clip is insane and greedy. I use Caskets to fix, but sometimes use Vipers to have a perfect 30 bullet mag.

Recon:
L96A1 (Yep, that OP, over-priced god of bolt-actions)
- Predator Barrel
- Viper Mags
- Tactical Stock
- Desert Ballistic x6 Scope
Summary: With its insanely fast re-chambering speed (1.3 secs) and high damage thanks to Viper Mags. The L96A1 = M95 without the slow bolt-action, its THE sniper Rifle.
Info: The Viper Mags ensure no 99 DMG head-shots as some snipers may of come across, its always a kill at any range with the Viper's.

If you want to see the stats of a weapons (e.g. Reload Speed, Ranges, Max DMG's) without having to rent or buy, please use the Comparison Tool that is available to all:

http://bfp4f.alchemical.ch/en/compare

I look forward to seeing what the P4F players use.

-Mitchell
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
Crab
Clan Member
Clan Member
Main Game: Battlefield 3
Player Name: killercrab1

Re: Your Preferred Weapons and Their Set-up's

Postby Crab » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Assault:
AEK (and Veterans M1911):
- Predator Barrel

Recon:
M95 (and the Rex)
-Nothing.

See, I'm a very cheap BfP4F player, dont have much attachments.
Crab.

My location on TeamSpeak
Rook
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: League of Legends
Player Name: Rook

Postby Rook » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 pm

M9

rook ;)
{L_IMAGE}
Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm

rook {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}M9

rook ;)

Used to be OP in Closed Beta when you could fire it as fast as you could click. Then they turned down the Rate of Fire and its not the same. :(

db-killercrab {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}Assault:
AEK (and Veterans M1911):
- Predator Barrel

Recon:
M95 (and the Rex)
-Nothing.

See, I'm a very cheap BfP4F player, dont have much attachments.

REX on Sniper? You use that to snipe I bet. :P

You should of gotten a stock or mag attachment over barrel first. its the least useful I think.

But at least you got the best Barrel available, that's a plus.

-Mitchell
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
Crab
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Crab » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

No.... Its useful when you snipe to the body from close range and from there its a one hit kill with the Rex (unless they tonic).
Crab.

My location on TeamSpeak
Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 pm

No gun is a one-hit kill to the body.

Headshots are.

And I know what you mean by tonic, hard to break the habit of saying it right?

- Mitchell
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
Crab
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Crab » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Thats not what I meant, I meant: shooting at the body with M95 at close range (approx 80 dmg) and1 shot to the body with the Rex (20 dmg approx).
Crab.

My location on TeamSpeak
Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Oh ok, I'm sorry, forget me. :cry:

Still, I'd go Elite's M1911 over REX anyday. :D

-Mitchell
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
B1Sniper
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: RuneScape
Player Name: asceticROGUE

Postby B1Sniper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:01 pm

I have several attachments I like to use, although some, eg. M145 Sight, are not unlimited so I just buy the Supply Drop each time I wish to use it.

I originally only played Recon, with the Enhanced Scope M95 [M95 + 3], along with the Elite's M1911 as a secondary. I then started an Assault, and once I got used to the recoil [assistance of attachments], I found how easy & OP it could be, considering you can re-stock yourself with ammunition. I have only just recently created an Engineer and a Medic, so I don't have many weapons or attachments on either of them.

I don't have one set play style, I like to change. On Recon, I change between M95 + 3 and VSS Vintorez, and I may also get the SVD to muck around with soon. On Assault I change between AEK-971, STG77AUG, and the AK-74. These aren't necessarily based on the range or play style, just for something a little different; it's always funner to use different / new weapons then to use the same repetitive weapons. Anyway, here's a few setups I like to use [at present]:

Recon:

- Primary: M95 + 3
- Secondary: Elite's M1911
- Stand-Off Barrel
- High Capacity Mags
- Desert Paint Job [27day(s)]
- Desert Ballistic Scope [3day(s)] [Elite Legacy Enhanced Scope without Desert Pain Job]

- Primary: VSS Vintorez
- Secondary: Elite's M1911
- Stand-Off Barrel
- Extra Magazines
- Tactical Stock
- Vulcan DeadEye

Summary: I always have my Elite's M1911 Pistol equipped as it pretty much rapes at short-mid range, which is when I sometimes struggle with my M95. It is also an epic weapon to use when mucking around with max Claymore etc. M95 + 3 is great for long and extremely long distances as I use a double-scope. I very rarely use the first scope of my Ballistic or Elite Legacy Enhanced Scopes.

Assault:

- Primary: AEK-971
- Secondary: P226
- Stand-Off Barrel
- Casket Mags
- Stabilized Stock
- M145 Sight [sometimes, not unlimited]

- Primary: STG77AUG
- Stan-Off Barrel
- Casket Mags
- Tactical Stock
- M145 Sight [not unlimited]

- Primary: AK-47
- Stand-Off Barrel
- Casket Mags
- Jungle Paint Job
- Tactical Stock
- Holographic Sight or M145 Sight [sometimes, not unlimited]

Summary: I really like playing Assault, especially if I have my grenade booster (: With unlimited ammunition it is quite easy to munch through the enemy's lines. The STG77AUG, along with the M145 Sight attachment, is very comfortable [thanks for vid Rucifa] and quite powerful. I originally used the AEK-971 until Rucifa's video, and haven't used it in some time. I originally got the Casket Mags as I wasn't too accurate and spammed a fair bit. Now I am used to the recoil & aiming of the weapon/s and may switch to CQC Ammo. Most / all attachments included are great for my style & gameplay.

Engineer:

- Primary: PP-2000 [currently]
- Secondary: Anti-vehicle RPG [used for infantry :lol: ]
- Tertiary: M9 [currently]
- Stand-Off Barrel
- CQC Ammo
- M145 Sight [unlimited]

Summary: Quite easy to use, even with the default SMG. I use my default Pistol if I am out of ammo, as the games I join very rarely consist of good assaults who support the Team. Current attachments work quite well and are comfortable to use. Tossing up whether or not I should replace my CQC Ammo with Extra Mags or not. For now I'll stick with the CQC as the extra damage is very useful & effective.

Medic:

- Primary: FN Minimi Para
- Secondary: M9 [currently]
- Precision Barrel
- CQC Ammo
- Tactical Stock
- M145 Sight [not unlimited]

Summary: I'm really not used to MG's with their massive recoil and limited ammo etc. The M145 Sight attachment for an Engineer is a stupid choice, at it takes like 2seconds for the weapon to scope in.

I think that's most of it. I'm getting a little confused; I'll re-read it later and edit my Post if need be (:

@ Crab - You're a hacer! M95 does not do 80 damage at short-range with a body shot. It's like 60 damage long-range body shot, and 40 something damage mid-range body shot.

Thanks.
B1.
Regards,
B1 / REIGN.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}

E-Mail me at: reign@dubbrothers.net
Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 pm

B1Sniper {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}@ Crab - You're a hacker! M95 does not do 80 damage at short-range with a body shot. It's like 60 damage long-range body shot, and 40 something damage mid-range body shot.

Thanks.
B1.

M95+3 does 101 DMG bodyshot with CQC Mags. :o :shock:

Also, once you do use something other than a PP-2000, I recommend UMP if level 10 or lower and MP5 once level 20. Both are great weapons, I've used the UMP since Closed Beta until December once I could finally try out the MP5 for credits.
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
B1Sniper
db Administrator
db Administrator

Postby B1Sniper » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 pm

I was thinking of getting the UMP, but wasn't exactly sure. I guess I will now, thanks (:

Also, how the fk can M95 + 3 deal 101 damage with CQC Ammo? What range and how do you do it? -_-
I've been using the M95 + 3 for quite some times, and I don't get anywhere near 80 or 100 damage on body shots.

Thanks.
B1.
Regards,
B1 / REIGN.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}

Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 pm

B1Sniper {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}I was thinking of getting the UMP, but wasn't exactly sure. I guess I will now, thanks (:

Also, how the fk can M95 + 3 deal 101 damage with CQC Ammo? What range and how do you do it? -_-
I've been using the M95 + 3 for quite some times, and I don't get anywhere near 80 or 100 damage on body shots.

Thanks.
B1.

UMP 2nd best in Recoil & DMG. and Level 7 Unlock? Only choice for low-level engies.

M95+3 with CQC Ammo will do the 101 DMG in point blank range, pass 5 meters in distance and it falls below 100.

That's why your M95 does 80, bcause your doing it over Medium/Short range. Bullet drop on Sniper Rifles is higher than all the guns, if you notice the bullet trail, it curves down after only 50 meters while all the other guns don't seem to drop at all. EAsy's way of making Recon's lives harder.
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell
Rucifa
db Administrator
db Administrator
Main Game: GTA V
Player Name: Rucifa

Postby Rucifa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Macbeth {L_WROTE}{L_COLON}Bullet drop on Sniper Rifles is higher than all the guns, if you notice the bullet trail, it curves down after only 50 meters while all the other guns don't seem to drop at all. EAsy's way of making Recon's lives harder.

THAT'S WHY I SNIPE WITH MY ASSAULT USING THE STG AUG AND M145 :D UP ON TOP OF THE BUILDING NEXT TO THE CRANE IN OMAN, I CAN GET KDRS OF 20-0 ON A GOOD DAY, FIRE OFF A RE-ENFORCEMENT FLARE AND HAVE YOUR WHOLE TEAM SPAWN UP THERE WITH YOU :lol: WHO CARES ABOUT THE FLAGS WHEN YOUR OWNING NOOBS :lol:
(INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY)
{L_IMAGE}
My location on TeamSpeak
B1Sniper
db Administrator
db Administrator

Postby B1Sniper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:26 pm

MY BAD, I DIDN'T REALISE SNIPER RIFLES SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR LONG-RANGE DISTANCES COULD DO EVEN HIGHER DAMAGE AT A SHORT RANGE. TO ME, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. AND IT DOESN'T REALLY MAKE RECON'S LIVES HARDER BECAUSE BULLET DROP IS PRETTY DAMN EASY TO CALCULATE... UNTIL YOU REACH AROUND 300M, WHICH IT GETS PRETTY DIFFICULT.

[INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY]

THANKS.
B1.
Regards,
B1 / REIGN.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE} {L_IMAGE}

Macbeth
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby Macbeth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 pm

NO PROBLEM BRAH, MANY PEOPLE DON'T AT FIRST.

[INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY]

-Mitchell
Your Welcome.
- Mitchell

Return to “Battlefield Play4Free”